Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 mins
Bread bowls come easy with refrigerated dough. Here's a great tasty filling! From a Pillsbury cookbook.
- 2 (11 ounce) cans Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) cansweet yellow and white corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove dough from cans.
- Cut each loaf into 3 pieces; shape each into ball, placing seam at bottom so dough is smooth on top.
- Place dough balls, seam side down, on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 22 to 26 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, bell pepper and onion; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- With sharp knife, cut small portion off top of each loaf. Lightly press center of bread down to form bowls.
- Place each bread bowl on individual serving plate.
- Spoon about 1 cup chicken mixture into each. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Place top of each bread bowl next to filled bread bowl.
I got this recipe in a swap last year. It has quickly became a favorite in our house. Anytime I make it for anyone else they want the recipe. YUMMMMM