Recipe by Bone Man
Want a side dish to take to a covered-dish event that will generate some smiles raise some eyebrows? Try this one and then stand by for the sneaky heat and the compliments of your friends. The original recipe came from "Cooking Light" prior to my minor tweaking. Also, this dish is clearly for the health-conscious eater.
Top Review by Deb G
Easy, easy! And a delicious addition to the lunch rotation. I cooked my chicken by roasting it seasoned with a little salt and pepper and olive oil, otherwise followed recipe exactly. DH and I loved the flavors in this recipe.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen white corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, julienned
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup pre-cooked canned black beans, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the chopped dried tomatoes in the lime juice for an hour or so.
- Grill the chicken breasts over charcoal or on a gas grill until they are browned on the outside but still juicy in the center and then, cut into strips, about pencil-sized in diameter and 1-2 inches long.
- Carefully toss all ingredients in a non-metallic bowl, including the lime juice and tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours prior to serving.