Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick, inexpensive tasty meal - perfect for after a work day. It's even faster if you have leftover cooked chicken and rice to use. Another recipe from my mother-in-law.
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- 340.19 g chicken breast, sliced
- 226.79 g salsa
- 311.84 g can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 311.84 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 118.29 ml shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat.
- Add chicken, cook on medium heat until no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa, corn, beans, and rice.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
Such a simple dish, but very tasty. I like my food very spicy, so I use hot salsa (Pace picante sauce). The whole family loves this dish and it is so easy to put together. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
We have a busy family and this was a busy night for us with church activities. This recipe was quick to prepare and that's a big plus, but what set it apart was that my whole family, all 7 of us, LOVED THIS! I preferred my serving without rice (lower carbs) and I think I'll use less rice next time, but there will definitely be a next time. I had to double the recipe for my family. I didn't have monterey pepper jack cheese, so I used a taco/mexican blend that we had instead.
For the ease and the ingredients, this should be a five-star. I was swayed because I think it needs a little something else...maybe some chilies. I did add fat free sour cream to the top and ate it with chips for a variety of texture. Overall, easy to make, but my husband wasn't as crazy about it as I was.