Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is easy to make and taste great. You can eat is just the way it is, or try it rolled in a tortilla.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3⁄4 lb chicken tenders
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mild salsa
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- Prepare the rice. If you use boil in a bag rice it is easier.
- In skillet, cook chicken tenders in small amount, of butter on medium heat until done.
- Stir in the salsa and the drained can of Mexican corn.
- Rinse the black beans and stir in to the mixture, add the cooked rice.
- Heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded Monterey jack cheese and heat just until the cheese is melted.
Nice and easy! I used hot salsa for a nice kick. Thanks for sharing :-)
I have made this recipe about 4 times now and it has been a tremendous hit every single time. Wouldn't change a thing, except maybe double up the recipe. Thanks for such a great meal idea.
We really liked this, especially the healthy benefits and ease in putting this together. We rolled ours into tortillas and topped with ff sour cream. Even though I used medium-heat salsa rather than mild, we'd prefer a little more bite. So, next time, I'll add a can of green chiles (very Santa Fe-ish) and a sprinkle of cayenne. I also used brown rice, as that's all I ever use. MERP'd in Bargain Basement tag. Thanks southern chef!