Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very flavorable dish that you don't have to slave over.
- 12 ounces mild chunky salsa
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 5 cups hot cooked ziti pasta (8 ounces uncooked)
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, divided
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 4 ounces cubed jalapeno jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine salsa, soup and sour cream, mix well.
- Add pasta, 2/3 cup French fried onions, chicken and cheese, stir to blend in with salsa mixture.
- Spoon into casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Before serving, stir casserole and sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup onions.
- Bake 3 minutes or until onions are golden in color.
Delicious! Everyone raved about this one! It's positively bursting with flavor, and had a bit of a bite without being too spicy. I used about 8 oz. of pepper jack cheese and 3 cups of chicken. This is definitely one that I'll be making again!
This is a good, hearty dish that's cheesy with a little kick. I used 6 oz. of the jalapeno since I know we like things really cheesy. It came out with just spicy enough to tell it was there, but not overpowering. This will be a keeper.