Recipe by Blue Peacock
This came from an previous issue of Southern Living.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is definitely a winner of a casserole. You can serve this as a side dish or as a main course with a salad on the side. You can use low-fat sour cream, low fat/low sodium soup, etc., if you wish or you can just enjoy it as is. We made as directed using a rotisserie chicken and served it with a salad -- it made a really nice dinner. Made for Cooking Tag Mania Special, October, 2013.
- 709.77 ml cornbread stuffing mix
- 473.18 ml chopped cooked chicken
- 127.57 g canchopped green chilies, drained
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 248.05 g can cream-style corn
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- tortilla chips (optional)
- pico de gallo (optional) or chunky salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in soup and next three ingredients.
- Spread in a lightly greased 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Uncover and sprinkle evenly with cheese; bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with tortilla chips and pico de gallo or chunky salsa, if desired.