Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe that I found on Dr. Weil's website. Great on the grill even though the original recipe called for broiling the meat. Cooking time includes marinating time.
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Whisk together all ingredients except chicken.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking pan and pour the marinade over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Grill over medium coals for about 10 minutes on each side.
Wow, these are super delicious. We loved the lime flavor. Left the honey out and baked these. Definitely a keeper!
Great recipe. I used it on chicken thighs. I marinated it for a bit less than an hour but will try to leave it in longer next time. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
Made this as written, my husband loved this even though I couldn't taste anything other than the limes. Next time, I'll cut down on the limes so I can taste the other spices.