Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious savory appetizer, to serve with tortilla chips and salsa. This recipe will serve a large number because it is rich and a little goes a long way. I sometimes make half a recipe and bake it in a 6-inch springform pan for a smaller party. Heated, this makes an awesome dip for the fondue pot.
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, blend
- 1 can chopped green chili, drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar diced pimento
- 2 teaspoons minced dried garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix tortilla chips and melted butter and press into a (9-inch) springform pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and eggs until well blended.
- Add shredded cheese, green chilies, onion, pimientos, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- Pour over tortilla chip crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature with tortilla chips and salsa.