Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Oh so good! wonderful dish for many occasions! Can use a nice or fancy baking dish.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 (7 ounce) cans green chilies, diced
- 1 (11 ounce) package corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- In medium skillet, brown meat till done.
- Drain meat well then return to skillet.
- Add taco seasoningand blend well.
- In a small bowl, combine broth and flour.
- Add to meat mexture and bring to boil to slightly thicken liquid.
- Stir in sour cream and chilies, blend well.
- Lightly grease a 13 X 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking sprya.
- Pour half of the bag of chips in the bottom and press down to flatten.
- Top with half the meat mixture.
- Next layer with half of the cheese.
- Next layer half the onions.
- Repeat layers ending with the onion.
- Bake uncovered in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I have been making this recipe for years and the only thing I do differently is use Fritos instead of tortilla chips, it's excellent this way.
A great quick, and easy recipe. Loved all the chilies in it. Could be used for a dip if you served the chips on the side. I did use beef broth and added black olives to the top.
Great recipe, actually found it in a large, brand-name sponsored cookbook my mom has.