Recipe by angelfan
This is my stand by mexican night dish. It can be heated up by using hot picante sauce or cooled by using mild. i use extra lean ground beef and white corn chips.
Top Review by Laudee
This is a snazzy little dish! How easy can it be to toss together and bake? And, most of the ingredients are things I already have on hand...another plus! I used cheddar-flavored tortilla chips and regular onions. Also, used homemade salsa in place of commercial picante sauce. It all blended together very well. Thanks for sharing, angelfan. It's a winner! Laudee
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (11 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, including tops
- 2 cups picante sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet, stirring untill no more pink remains.
- Drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning and mix well.
- In small bowl wisk together flour and chicken broth.
- Add to meat mixture and bring to a boil, cooking untill slightly thickened.
- Stir in sour cream and green chilies.
- In lightly greased baking dish (13x9x2) place 1/2 of the chips 1/2 of the beef 1/2 of the picante sauce 1/2 of cheese and 1/2 of onions.
- repeat layers with remaining 1/2 of ingredients, ending with onions.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.