Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is soooooo good, the hotter you like it the more chilie peppers or jalepeno peppers you put in & it can be made smaller for 2 people simply by cutting the dough in half yummmmmm
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes or 2 cups breadcrumbs, crushed to 3/4 c
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon margarine, melted
- chili powder
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook meat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water, chilies & seasoning mix. Add cereal, stirring until well combined; set aside.
- Roll bread dough into a 15x10-inch rectangular.
- Spread 2 cups meat mixture in a 4-inch wide strip lengthwise down center of dough. Top with cheese. Cover with remaining meat.
- Bring both sides of dough up over filling. Seal top & sides well. Place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush with margarine. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Slice & serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Decorating tip: cut 1 inch strip from short side of dough: reserve.
- Decorate loaf with small cutouts made with reserved dough before brushing with margarine.