this is soooooo good, the hotter you like it the more chilie peppers or jalepeno peppers you put in & it can be made smaller for 2 people simply by cutting the dough in half yummmmmm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken or 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes or 2 cups breadcrumbs, crushed to 3/4 c
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon margarine, melted
- chili powder
- sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat cook meat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water, chilies & seasoning mix. Add cereal, stirring until well combined; set aside.
- 3Roll bread dough into a 15x10-inch rectangular.
- 4Spread 2 cups meat mixture in a 4-inch wide strip lengthwise down center of dough. Top with cheese. Cover with remaining meat.
- 5Bring both sides of dough up over filling. Seal top & sides well. Place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Brush with margarine. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- 7Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- 8Slice & serve with salsa and sour cream.
- 9Decorating tip: cut 1 inch strip from short side of dough: reserve.
- 10Decorate loaf with small cutouts made with reserved dough before brushing with margarine.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Fe Burrito Bake
Serving Size: 1 (1248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2266.5
- Calories from Fat 1294
- Total Fat 143.8 g
- Saturated Fat 64.6 g
- Cholesterol 581.3 mg
- Sodium 4474.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 160.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough