Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was made as a demonstration for the 25th Anniversary at our local Sam's Club this weekend. I have not made them yet, but tried the ones they made and it was wonderful!! Will definitely be making when it warms up and we can BBQ and picnic outside...
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 tablespoons grill seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips
- 1 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Southwestern Mayonnaise: Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 2 Tbs taco seasoning.
- Caramelized Onions: Heat oil and butter over medium heat; add onions stirring constantly until soften approximately 3-5 minutes. Add sugar and continue stirring and cook until onions start browning; approx 15-20 minutes.
- Combine ground beef and jalapeños and shape into 4 patties and then sprinkle with grill seasoning.
- Grill burgers for 10 minutes and flip half way through. During the last minute place a slice of provolone on each patty.
- Assemble burger: Spread each bottom bun with 2 Tbs mayonnaise and caramelized onions. Sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips and put burger patty on top. Add guacamole, lettuce and tomato slices to top bun.
Yum! After all of the parts are assembled these go together quickly. I was almost afraid of using the full 3 T of grill spices (I was using montreal) and 1/2 cup of jalapenos (I seeded them), but plunged ahead anyway. The patties ARE spicy, but not over the top hot. the patties are very generous servings. I used prepared tortilla strips from the salad aisle rather than chips and served with Sweet Potato Fries #478530 by threeovens. Thank you for a terrific meal!
Made for ZWT-8 because 1 of my greatest pleasures is giving into my "hamburger hunger". They try here in Iceland, but they just can't match US stds. My DH absent on a fishing trip, I halved your recipe. Even then it made 2 huge portions, but I liked that & suspect it was the point. The caramelized onions were divine! I did reduce the "jalapeno heat" by half & pan-grill them vs the outdoor grill w/DH gone. I was so in "hamburger heaven" that I got stingy & froze burger #2 for another time when "hamb hunger" overpowers me again. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. Yum!
This is a really nice restaurant burger. Very easy to put together. We used american cheese rather than provolone. I replaced guacamole for ketchup on my burger, but DH went with the guac because he likes it. It's got a nice kick to it too from the jalapenos. Thanks for sharing the recipe.