Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I added to this Web Recipe about 6 or 8 years ago, and well worth trying.
- 7 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) jars capers, drained
- 1 large raw yellow onion, grated
- 1 small raw yellow onion, grated
- 3 (4 ounce) jarssliced pimientos, drained, rinsed
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 limes, juice of
- 3 (8 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped variety
- 13 cups regular flavor V8 vegetable juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups garlic
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 (12 ounce) jarsmedium heat salsa
- 1 (6 ounce) jarbottle hot salsa
- 3 large chopped cucumbers
- Combine beans and V8 juice, oil, lime juice, cucumber, onion, Worcestershire Sauce, and garlic, etc, etc, hand blend until only till a bit chunky NEED TO PUT IN 2 LARGE POTs TO BLEND.
- Chill at least three+ hours. SERVE cold!
- Serve with: COBBETTES & corn tortillas.
This was delicious and easy to throw together. Great flavor. It makes quite a bit so I cut the recipe and only made 1/2 of the amount. My husband is not a gazpacho man so I took half of what I made, substituted zucchini for the cucumbers, heated it through well to cook the vegetables. I then tossed in some grated smoked cheddar and crushed tortilla chips. It made a VERY delicious and flavorful veggie taco soup. This is a very versatile keeper. Thanks Larry!