Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of my favorite frozen weight watchers dinners is Santa Fe Beans and Rice. This is my knock off version that comes pretty close.
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (10 ounce) canof diced Mexican-style tomatoes (like Rotel)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish and top with onions and olives.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
Also my favorite WW frozen dinner and this is a pretty darn good representation of it...Bravo!
WOW! This was really fantastic - I can't believe that something so comforting can be good for you too! I used fat-free sour cream and fat-free cheese - good thing cuz I couldn't stop eating it! Will be making again and definitely one of my favorite new recipes this year! Thanks!!
This was awesome! Served as a meatless meal w/fried corn tortillas and no one even seemed to notic there was no meat! Very delicious. Can't decide if I'll reheat the leftovers for another meal or use as freezer burrito filling ~ could go either way! Thanks for a great recipe!!