Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was given to me by a good friend. It has all the wonderful flavors of autumn. It is wonderful and so easy. The only change I made was to cut down on the brown sugar....I liked it a little more spicy than sweet.
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can apples, nectar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can100% pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine nectar, broth and cream in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; add pumpkin, sugar, cumin chili powder, coriander and nutmeg. Reduce heat to low; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and ground black pepper.