1/7 Photos of Santa Anna's Black Bean Casserole - Authentic Mexican!
Um Safia's Note:
Published for ZWT III. A delicious vegetarian casserole from Mexico. Easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, combine first 6 ingredients, bringing the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Stir in beans.
- 2Spread 1/3 of the bean mixture over the bottom of a 13x9-inch pan. Top that with half of the tortillas, overlapping as necessary and half of the cheese. Add another 1/3 of the bean mixture, then remaining tortillas and bean mixture.
- 3Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes.
- 4Serve by topping with the sliced avocado or guacamole.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Anna's Black Bean Casserole - Authentic Mexican!
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.6
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 591.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 30.7 g