Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Japanese donburi dish that can really have a number of different toppings. These three are the ones my mother always used. "San" means "three" and "shoku" can mean either color or food. This version is from my mother.
- 4 -6 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef or 1⁄2 lb ground pork or 1⁄2 lb ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- Brown the meat in a medium non-stick skillet.
- Add the mirin and soy sauce to the meat and cook until no liquid remains. (You may wish to add additional mirin, soy sauce, or sugar).
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar, and whip with a fork to combine.
- Scramble the eggs in a non-stick skillet.
- Cook the frozen spinach according to package directions, and salt to taste.
- Serve the meat, eggs, and spinach over the rice, with each topping divided by color.