3 hrs 20 mins
xo Irene's Note:
Layers of crisp meringue covered with buttercream frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and flour three inverted 18" x 15" cookie sheets and set aside.
- 2To make the meringue, beat egg whites until soft peaks are formed.
- 3Gradually add the sugar, beating well after each addition.
- 4Continue beating until egg whites are very stiff.
- 5Fold in cashew nuts and vanilla.
- 6Spread thinly in prepared pans.
- 7Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Cut wafers down the center if desired.
- 9Loosen and slide wafers to a flat surface and cool.
- 10To make the frosting, boil sugar and water until it spins a thread.
- 11Meanwhile, beat egg yolks until thick.
- 12Pour syrup into eggyolks in thin streams while beating.
- 13Cool the eggyolk mixture.
- 14Cream in the butter.
- 15Blend in the rum.
- 16To assemble the Sans Rival, layer the wafers on top of eachother with frosting in between each layer.
- 17Cover the top and sides with frosting and sprinkle the top with cashew nuts is desired.
- 18Served chilled.
Nutritional Facts for Sans Rival
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 124.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g