This is a nice way to prepare chicken burger if you want to trim off the excess calories! It comes from the famous Indian Chef, Sanjeev Kapoor and I found it in the Young Times magazine. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups ground chicken, washed and drained
- 1 small onion, peeled,washed and chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, peeled,washed and chopped finely
- 1 small apple, washed,peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup cooked white basmati rice
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- oil, to shallow fry
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger, washed,peeled,washed again and grated
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 4 whole wheat rolls
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the chicken mince, onion, garlic, apple and the boiled rice.
- 2Add salt, basil, oregano and pepper powder, and mix well.
- 3Heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
- 4Shape the prepared mixture into patties.
- 5Shallow fry the patties in the hot oil on both sides till they are golden brown.
- 6Remove and drain the excess oil from the patties' on clean paper towels.
- 7Now start preparing the sauce.
- 8To do so, heat oil in a pan.
- 9Add the grated ginger and saute briefly until the raw smell of the ginger is gone.
- 10Stir in the orange juice, brown sugar, salt and soy sauce.
- 11Lower flame, add tomato puree and red chilli powder.
- 12Mix well.
- 13Cook on a simmer till it is slightly reduced.
- 14Add the cornflour to the water and mix well ensuring that no lumps are formed.
- 15Add the cornflour-water mixture to the sauce.
- 16Mix till the sauce is of a sufficiently thick consistency.
- 17Slit the buns into two.
- 18Place a lettuce leaf on one half.
- 19Place the chicken burger over it.
- 20Cover it with the other half.
- 21Serve immediately with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sanjeev Kapoor's Chicken Burger
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1038.3
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1291.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 197.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.6 g
- Sugars 51.4 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: