Recipe by LonghornMama
I found this recipe in Southern Living years ago and have made it often. It's especially good when people come for dinner: quick, easy, great flavor and looks nice on a serving platter. The original recipe calls for a jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained, but I prefer a can of plain artichoke hearts. The recipe only serves two, be sure to double or triple as needed.
- 1 (5 ounce) package saffron rice mix (such as Mahatma saffron yellow rice)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- Flatten chicken breasts slightly using a meat mallet.
- Combine flour, curry powder, paprika and salt; dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add chicken and cook 5 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet with paper towels.
- Add artichoke hearts, wine and whipping cream to skillet; cook, stirring often 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chicken over rice.
- Spoon sauce over top.