Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sangrita is a spicy-sweet chaser for tequila. Whenever tequila is served in Mexico, it will usually be served in small narrow glasses accompanied by sangrita in a similar glass.
- 2 ancho chilies, roasted, stems and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 small lime, juice of
- Soak the chiles in hot water to cover for 20 minutes and then drain.
- In a blender, puree the chiles with the onion, orange juice, lime juice and salt (to taste) until thoroughly blended.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more lime and orange juice.