Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Similar in name to the Spanish and Mexican wine drink but contains no alcohol.
Make and share this Sangrita recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ice cube
- 4 small celery ribs, with leafy tops
- Combine juices, onion, salt and Tabasco in a 1 quart container with tight-fitting lid. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours for flavors to blend. Pour into ice-filled tumblers. Add celery stalks to each glass for stirrer.
- Cook time is chill time.
Wow! Tangy! A cross between a Bloody Mary and a Screwdriver. We just loved it. Hubby put some vodka in his, and I did add additional hot sauce for more kick. I can't wait to try this out on friends! DeeLish! ZWT8