Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
A refreshing and different melon salad for the 'big kids' in the family. Serve as a salad or a healthy dessert. Only 85 calories per 1 cup serving! Cooking time equals minimum time for chilling.
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed
- 4 cups cantaloupe, cubed
- 3 cups honeydews, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Place melon cubes in serving bowl in any combination to equal 10 cups.
- Combine wine, orange juice, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over melon and toss gently.
- Chill 1 to 4 hours before serving.
Delicious. I added some sliced strawberries and was forced to substitute pineapple for the honeydew melon. That created a bit more liquid than the melon might have but that was a good thing because the leftovers were all covered by juice to stay fresh. The cinnamon was tricky to get unclumped in the juice mixture. Perhaps mixing it in the honey first would disperse it better? Thanks!