Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Mix this up in the morning before you leave for work. When you get home in the evening, take it from the freezer and let it thaw slightly while you change clothes or start dinner. Especially refreshing on hot summer evenings.
- Several hours before serving: Blend pineapple, red wine, orange juice, lemon juice and sugar in a blender at high speed for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Be sure all sugar is dissolved.
- Pour mixture into a 9 X 9 inch baking pan or something similar.
- FREEZE mixture in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, take pan from freezer and let stand at room temp until softened.
- Stir with a spoon until semi-thawed then spoon into wine glasses.
- Garnish with lemon peel, if desired.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is WAY better then the Sangria slush I've had in bars!!! I've added 2 cups of OJ & it was great! Everyone's asking me for the recipe! What I like about this is that it's a real time-saver because it's made ahead of time. I will defiantly be entertaining with this again. I'm planning to make some wine glass tags, pack them up with this recipe and give them as favors to dinner guests. Thank you Susie!!
I was looking for something good to have when company was coming and decided to make some of this to try out. We enjoyed very much! Great tasting and nice and slushy, just what I was looking for!
This has a great flavor but the pulp left from the pineapple really grossed me out. I'm definitely going to make this again and try straining before freezing or maybe just use pineapple juice instead of the crushed pineapple. Thanks for sharing this!