Recipe by PanNan
This is posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. I haven't tried this yummy looking recipe yet. The source is The Border Cookbook by Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison. Note: this recipe should be prepared at least 4 hours ahead of time.
- 2 cups fruity red wine
- 1 (6 ounce) can orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons triple sec (or other orange-flavored liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons brandy (peach or apricot flavored types are especially good)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 lbs peaches, ripe but firm, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a heavy saucepan, combine all the syrup ingredients (wine through lemon zest). Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Taste. If needed, add an additional tablespoon of Triple Sec or sugar, or both, to adjust to your own taste. It should be pleasantly sweet. Continue simmering another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool at least 10 minutes.
- Place the peaches in a bowl, and pour the syrup over the peaches. Cover the bowl and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Serve peaches chilled with some of the syrup spooned over them.