Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Recipe from Rachael Ray's magazine.
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of, a
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks (about 1 pound)
- 2 dried star anise pods
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white rum
- 2⁄3 cup fresh orange juice (2-3 oranges)
- 2 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, ginger and lime zest. Add the pineapple and toss.
- Scrape the pineapple into the skillet, add the star anise and cook, without stirring, until the pineapple caramelizes, 5 minutes. Stir in the rum and let the alcohol burn off, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange juice, scraping the bottom of the pan; let cool.
- Discard the anise. Puree the fruit mixture in a blender. Stir in the white wine and pour the mixture into icepop molds. Freeze until solid, about 4 hours.