Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have not tried this recipe because I do not care for wine but it looks so nice and refreshing for those of you who do enjoy wine. This looks like such a nice summer recipe that I just had to post it for you all. Chill time is not included in the prep. time. You will have to be sure to definitely makes this one ahead of time.
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 3⁄4 cups fruity red wine
- 1 cup chilled orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 large oranges
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved lengthwise (about 7 ounces)
- 1 cup sliced hulled strawberry
- orange slice
- Lightly oil 6 cup ring mold.
- Place raspberry Jello in a large bowl.
- Bring wine to simmer in small saucepan.
- Add wine to Jello and stir until Jello is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in orange juice and lemon juice.
- Place bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice and water.
- Cool until Jello begins to set slightly, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate 1 tbsp orange peel from oranges.
- Cut remaining peel and white pith from oranges; discard. Cut between membranes; release segments.
- Add orange segments and peel, 1 cup grapes and 1 cup strawberries to Jello; stir to blend well.
- Pour mixture into molds.
- Chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Run knife around mold sides to loosen Jello.
- Place mold in bowl filled with enough hot water to come halfway up sides of mold for 30 seconds.
- Place platter atop mold; invert Jello onto platter.
- Garnish with additional fruit.