Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This recipe won Cooking Light's Test Kichen's highest rating. Time to prepare includes freezing time.
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine or 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) mixed berries, frozen
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup fresh orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 orange slices, cut in 1/2
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- remove orange;discard.
- Press berry/wine mixture througha sieve over a bowl, discard solids.
- Combine berry mixture, juice and add sugar in an 8 inch dish, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and freeze 45 minutes.
- Stir berry mixture with a fork every 45 minutes until completely frozen and slushy (about 4 hours).
- Remove berry mixture from freezer.
- Crape mixture with a fork until fluffy.
- Garnish with orange slices.