Prep 8 hrs
Cook 4 hrs
A dessert version of the Spanish fruit and wine delight. Great finish for a tapas party or any occasion! This will need to be started a day in advance. Prep time includes time to refrigerate, Cooking time is time to freeze.
- 1 cup red wine (dry)
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb frozen mixed berries
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 orange slices
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours.
- Remove orange and lemon and discard.
- Press berry mixture through a sieve; discard solids.
- Combine berry mixture,lemon and orange juice, and sugar in an 8 inch dish, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Stir berry mixture with fork every 45 minutes until completely frozen and slushy (about 4 hours).
- Remove berry mixture from freezer and scrape with fork until mixture is fluffy.
- Serve in stemless wine glasses and garnish with an orange slice.