Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Am posting this per request. Guy Fieri's recipe from the foodnetwork.com. Show: Guys Big Bite -- haven't tried any of his recipes but I like a few things that he does. Hopefully, this won't bomb!
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 apple, cored, diced
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned and deveined (21 to 25 count)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- In a small sauce pot add all ingredients except cornstarch and water.
- On medium-low heat, simmer and reduce mixture by 1/3.
- In small sauce bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water.
- Then whisk this into the hot mixture.
- Turn heat to low and simmer until reduced by half.
- In medium saute pan add butter and oil.
- When butter is melted add onions and peppers.
- Cook until translucent but not to achieve color.
- Add apples and prawns, and cook until prawns turn pink.
- Toss with paprika and glaze.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
- Serve with basmati rice & mushrooms, baby greens salad with a vinaigrette, warm bread fresh from the oven slathered with butter. How's that for a menu?