Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This would be considered a "DUMP" recipe. Everything is in one bag and you dump it in the casserole to cook. This is from Cooking Light a few years back. I brought it back and dusted it off to be a freezer ready meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a large freezer bag, smoosh around to combine.
- Gently squeeze out as much air as possible. Air is the enemy in the freezer!
- Print recipe and place large baggie and recipe into a 2nd large freezer bag and freeze.
- To cook; thaw completely.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease the rack in shallow pan with oil.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on the rack.
- Reserve marinade. Bake chicken, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes, brushing with marinade every 15 minutes, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
this was pretty good, even though i realized after the fact that i made it wrong. i didn't have a rack, so i dumped the entire bag into a greased casserole dish and baked it. a little too much fruity flavor to go with chicken for my liking though