Recipe by Denise in NH
I found this recipe in the Hannaford supermarket's magazine that is called Hannaford Fresh. Cooking time is the chilling time
- 3 1⁄4 cups white wine (dry white wine)
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 orange, washed, halved, and thinly sliced (unpeeled)
- 1 lemon, washed, and thinly sliced (unpeeled)
- 1 red apple, halved, cored, and thinly sliced (unpeeled)
- 1 cup strawberry, washed, trimmed, and halved (if large)
- 24 -30 green grapes, frozen on a tray (optional)
- 2 cups sparkling apple cider, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pitcher, mix wine, liqueur, and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add orange, lemon, apple, and strawberries.
- With a wooden spoon, press fruit against sides and bottom of pitcher slightly.
- Chill covered, for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. If using grapes, place them on a tray to freeze.
- Just before serving, stir in chilled sparkling apple cider. Serve in wine glasses or goblets with some of the fruit, adding ice or optional frozen grapes.