Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good for when you're grillin' and chillin'
Make and share this Sangria Barcelona recipe from Food.com.
- 750 ml dry red wine
- 1 pint club soda
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 ounce cognac
- 2 lemons, washed and sliced
- 2 oranges, washed and sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ice cube
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Make simple syrup by combining water and sugar in saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Cover pan and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large pitcher, mix together wine, club soda, juices, cognac, fruit slices and cinnamon sticks.
- Stir in simple syrup.
- Mix all together and chill.
- Stir again, then serve in a clear glass pitcher over ice cubes.
This is so nice drink for summer night. I like this sangria a lot Thank you for recipe
What a great sangria! Normally I shy away from putting so much lemon in sangria, but the balance here was perfect! I used a Cab Sauv for the wine and added an ounce of Cointreau. Excellent drink for an afternoon barbie. Thanks Mareesme!
:) This is FANTABULOUS! We served it at our Spanish dinner party (for 8 people) and it was GONE in less than an hour (only 5 drinkers, but the other 3 did try a sip). We'll need to make more next time... and there will be a next time, and another after that. And another. And another. LOL! Easy to prepare, too. I used Rioja wine (to stick to the Spanish) and let it sit in refrigerator overnight to "marinate". Big hugs, Mary! Thanks for a KEEPER! (Unanimous rating from all 8 of us!)