Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The BEST sangria recipe I've been able to hone to perfection! If you like a sweeter Sangria, use ginger ale in place of club soda.
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 dry red wine (750 milliliter bottle)
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar (optional)
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 2 cups carbonated water (optional)
- 1. In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec, and sugar. Float slices of lemon, orange and lime, and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda just before serving.
- My Note: The brandy is the key to this recipe! My step-mother (from Madrid) showed me how to make this. Use Spanish Rioja wine. I go a bit heavier with El Presidente brandy and go a bit easier on the fruit juices since that was what I was taught. I can see where some would prefer a sweeter version but me, I like the juice from the fruit to add their signature flavors, not anything else. Make sure to let it sit for several hours before serving. A definite party-maker!
- I made it for 50 servings & everyone absolutely loved it! No sugar & used gingerale instead of carbonated water; used rum, not brandy; used peach schnapps, not triple sec. Refrigerated all ingredients night before. Made it early that afternoon & sat container in an ice chest. Added cold gingerale just prior to serving. Sooooo good! Can't wait to have another party!
The pink lemonade added a nice taste to the sangria. It was very good. Thanks Chef GRPA :) Made for PRMR tag game