Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
The classic summer pitcher drink that travels well. Freshly squeezed orange juice and bitters make all the difference! Can be made ahead and chilled. Source: WSJ Cooking & Eating and Jeffrey Morganthaler of Clyde Common, Portland, OR.
- 750 ml red wine, such as a dry fruit forward Rioja
- 6 ounces Grand Marnier
- 8 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces simple sugar
- 1⁄2 ounce Angostura bitters
- 1 orange
- 1 green apple, other sliced seasonal fruits, berries for garnish
- Stir liquid ingredients into a large pitcher.
- Add fruits and serve into goblets over ice.