We love this Sangria and I hope you enjoy it, too! I found this recipe in the September, 2001 issue of Bon Appetit. It comes from the Malaga Tapas & Bar in Austin, TX.Prep time includes standing time.
- 3 cups dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage (such as 7-UP)
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 16 lime slices
- 16 lemon slices
- 8 orange slices
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur or 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ice cube
- Stir wine, soda and orange juice, 8 lime slices, 8 lemon slices, orange slices, brandy, sugar, Cointreau, grenadine, lemon juice and lime juice in a large pitcher to combine.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Fill Fill 8 large wineglasses with ice cubes.
- Divide sangria among glasses.
- Garnish each with remaining lime and lemon slices and serve.