- 1 large orange
- 1 lemon
- 2 peaches
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (to taste)
- 4 cups full flavored spanish wine, such as Rioja
- ice cube, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the orange into thin slices, and then cut the slices into wedges, and place in a large pitcher.
- Cut one long slice of rind from the lemon and add to the oranges.
- Slice completely around the peaches, cutting down to the pit, and twist the halves in opposite directions until the 2 halves come apart.
- Remove and discard the pits, slice the peaches and add to the oranges.
- Add the sugar to the fruit and stir.
- Pour in the wine and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Taste and add more sugar or a squeeze or 2 of lemon juice to taste.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, use a long handled spoon to stir and press the fruit against the side of the pitcher to extract some of the juice.
- Put the ice into glasses and pour the chilled Sangria over and add some fruit from the pitcher to each glass.