Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
A potent, traditional punch made with red wine,fruit juice and spirits.
- 1⁄2 cup Spanish brandy (Fundador, Soberano etc)
- 1 cup spanish fino sherry wine (very dry)
- 1 cup ponche caballero or 1 cup sweet sherry
- 1⁄2 liter cola
- 1⁄2 bottle spanish red wine (anything cheap but light)
- soda water
- 6 cups crushed ice
- chopped fresh fruit (anything & everything - cucumber cut in long slices works well)
- Mix together, stir well.
Some of us in the Portugal/Spain are reviewing a selection of Sangria recipes head to head. This is my first. I kind of liked this, I must say that adding cola to the mix was an unusual twist and to be complely honest I wasn't totally sure I liked it at first...I used cherries and strawberries and although I had oranges, limes, zucchini and lemons to hand I didn't want too big a clash of flavours so I just stuck with the red theme. Whilst this is drinkable I don't know that it will become my absolute favourite sangira. Please see my rating system: a decent enough recipe but a tad unconventional for me as yet. I was pleased to have tried it. Thanks!