Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My friend Stephanie modified a recipe I gave her, and came up with this fantastically refreshing sangria. It was a hit with everyone. And don't throw away that fruit at the end of the party-save it for "Second Serve Sangria Punch". That recipe is out here, too.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (Try Shiraz!)
- 1 (12 ounce) can lemon-lime flavored soda (like Sprite)
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 lime (sliced 6 to 8 times)
- 1 lemon (sliced 6 to 8 times)
- 1 orange (sliced 6 to 8 times)
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons grenadine (or marischino cherry juice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Add all ingredients to a large serving pitcher or punchbowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Let stand 45 minutes, refridgerated.
- Serve over ice if desired.