Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love sangria and this is my favorite!
- 1 orange (sliced)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar (to taste)
- 750 ml merlot (chilled)
- 1⁄2 cup cognac
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur or 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup seltzer water (chilled) or 1 cup club soda (chilled)
- ice cube
- In a bowl, muddle the orange and lemon slices with the sugar with a wooden spoon. Add the red wine, cognac, cointreau, and orange juice. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to a punch bowl, chill until ready to serve and then stir in club soda and add ice cubes.
Delicious! Only one change - made it with brandy instead of cognac... Grabbed the wrong bottle at the liquor store! I liked it best "straight up" without soda. Made for My 3 Chefs.