Prep 12 hrs
Cook 30 mins
From Wine Bar Food
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link
- 1 1⁄2 cups sangiovese wine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 small onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- Cut sausage links into 12 equal pieces.
- Place in a baking dish small enough to hold the pieces snugly.
- Pour in wine, making sure it completely covers the sausages.
- Marinate in fridge for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Remove sausage pieces from maridade and pat dry with paper towels. Discard marinade.
- Heat a 3 quart baking dish in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Add olive oil, sausages, peppers, onions and garlic.
- Roast, turning once, until the sausages are cooked through and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and arrange on plates.