Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We do our grocery shopping from Sangam Direct...a wonderful thing that's come up in Mumbai. We phone and give the order of the stuff we require from the Sangam Direct newsletter and the next day, the goods are delivered to our doorstep! We can make the payment in cash or using our credit card. Its fun!!! They provide a recipe in each newsletter. This is the one from the May issue. Enjoy!
- 1 cinnamon stick, 1 inch
- 2 cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 small piece black cardamom pod
- milk, as required
- sugar or jaggery, as required
- Heat water in a pan.
- Add 1 teaspoons of the Masala tea mixture per cup.
- As soon as the mixture starts boiling, remove heat and wait for a minute.
- Add hot milk.
- Strain into cups.
- Add sugar, honey and jaggery and serve hot.