Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make this part of your Asian banquet. I use Changs brand noodles. Don't add the noodles until you are ready to serve as they will loose their crunch.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 750 g ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 225 g water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped finely (pepper)
- 1 celery rib, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 100 g fried Chinese noodles
- 8 large iceburg lettuce leaves
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- Heat oil in wok or large frying pan, stir fry pork and garlic for about 5 minutes or until pork changes colour and is cooked through.
- Stir in water chestnuts, sambal, juice,capsicum, celery, sauce and vinegar; cook stirring, until vegetables are just tender. Remove from heat; stir in noodles.
- Place two lettuce leaves on serving plates; fill with pork mixture and top with sliced spring onion.
Yummy version of Sang Choy Bow at home! I substituted extra trim beef mince to cut down on the fat, and I served the spring onions and fried noodles at the table so they didn't get soggy. Quick and easy to throw together. Thanks Stardustannie! Made for PAC Fall 2007.