1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was a "trademark" for a family friend. She recently passed away after a valiant fight with cancer. I'm saving her recipe here so I won't lose it because it is an oft requested dish at family gatherings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package zatarain's crab boil
- 3 lbs shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup water chestnut, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- 1 (7 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning (Tony's)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1Bring crab boil to a boil for 5 minutes; add shrimp and boil for 5-10 minutes until shrimp is pink. Remove from heat and drain.
- 2In a large skillet, sauté the onions, pepper and celery in the 1/2 cup butter.
- 3In a large bowl, combing the sautéed vegetables, rice, water chestnuts, mayonnaise and seasoning.
- 4Stir in V-8 juice, add crab meat and shrimp and mix well.
- 5Pour into a large casserole dish.
- 6Top with shredded cheese and almonds.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sandy's Seafood Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.6
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 526.2 mg
- Sodium 1413.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 63.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: