Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so much easier than the traditional shortbread and it does taste like shortbread. Although I am sure it wouldn't suit everyone, it works for me. It was given to me over thirty years ago by a neighbour.
- 125 g plain flour (1 cup)
- 125 g self raising flour (1 cup)
- 125 g butter (1/2 cup)
- 60 g caster sugar (1/4 cup)
- Cream butter and sugar and add flour, mix well.
- It will appear very crumbly but press firmly into 2 round 7” tins.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cut into sections, cook 1/2 hr 120degC to 150degC (250degF to 300degF).