Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
My friend is half Swedish and half Norwegian and she grew up in North Dakota. This is her mom's recipe. Posted for ZWT3.
- 6 cups riced potatoes (add salt to water when ricing them)
- 4 tablespoons sweet cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix with wooden spoon.
- Form into balls and roll with rolling pin on floured surface.
- Bake on hot flat cast iron skillet, cook until desired brownness, turn over and cook on other side.
- When done place on absorbent towel and place towel on top until cool.
- When ready to eat spread butter and sprinkle with sugar and roll up and enjoy. You can place anything to your liking roll and eat.
This lefse tasted great. With the baking powder they were a little thicker and doughier than any lefse we've had before. I did have to add quite a bit more flour to work into each dough ball to smooth them and keep them from being sticky before rolling out. Yummy with butter and sugar. Thanks for sharing your friend's recipe.