Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mother-in-law's fabulous holiday potato dish! This should be made the day before eating.
Make and share this Sandy's Holiday Mashed Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 5 lbs idaho potatoes or 5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- additional butter, for dotting
- Boil peeled potatoes until consistently is right for mashing.
- Mash potatoes with cream cheese, butter, sour cream, cream, and eggs.
- Add salt and garlic salt.
- Spread in greased 9x13 pan.
- Dot with butter and cool.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350F, covered, for 45 minutes.
I served this recipe for Thankgiving, made exactly as posted. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. Without question it deserves a 5 star rating.
This recipe made my holiday so much easier, all the work was done the day before!!! Thank you for posting this great recipe.
This had good flavor, although too much garlic for my taste. Also, I did not add the salt as the garlic salt was enough. Most of my family really enjoyed these. I will make them again.