1/2 Photos of Sandys Gourmet Mushroom Soup
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
This was given to me by one of my husbands gym buddies, I did make it and it was indeed very good, although I'm not a great lover of mushrooms. I don't know if it was her own recipe or if she found it somewhere, but here it is, I thought it was worth sharing! She specified brown mushrooms, I used button mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil and butter in large pan. Add onion and leeks and allow to soften without browning.
- 2Add rosemary and half the mushrooms. fry gently until soft, then remove the rosemary and stir in the flour.
- 3When well mixed, add vegetable stock slowly, stirring constantly. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 4Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then puree in blender until smooth.
- 5Return to saucepan, add remaining mushrooms, milk, soy sauce and sugar.
- 6Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Add sherry.
- 8Serve with a swirl of whipped cream.
- 9A garnish of fried onions is also very good.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sandys Gourmet Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.8
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 323.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: