Prep 35 mins
Cook 13 mins
My family loves pasta salads. This recipe uses the veggies we grow in our garden, making it doubly delicious. I use this recipe for large family gathering.
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked. (package directions)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 20 slices pepperoni (chopped, more if needed)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottlezesty Italian salad dressing
- Put cooked pasta in a large bowl (deep).
- Mix in all other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Chill several hours or overnight, then serve.
Made this and dropped some off to a bachelor friend. He called to say this was"Outstanding!" Asked me to copy the recipe and save to make again. I enjoyed as well and on thinking about the flavors decided to add a few pickled banana pepper rings to my bowl and that just enhanced the taste for me. Thanks for a great recipe!
I see no reason to try another pasta salad recipe. I'm not sure how it could be better than this. I followed the recipe as written, and it turned out fantastic. Thanks for the keeper.
I made this for a big group and it was a big hit. I used sundried tomatoes and green onions in place of fresh tomatoes and ball onion.