Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was entered into our 2009 Corporate Soup Cook-off and received a runner-up award. Simply comfort food! (Courtesy of Sandy Kline)
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 10 ounces angel hair pasta (break up in pieces)
- 2 (10 ounce) broccoli, pkg frozen chopped
- 6 cups milk
- 32 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut up
- Saute onion in butter, add water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook until almost done.
- Add frozen broccoli and cook about 5 more minutes.
- Add milk and cheese, keep stirring until cheese has melted, and heat to serving temperature.
I use to have a very similar recipe years ago and misplaced it. Just made this for our Halloween potluck and it came out just perfect!! Exactly the taste I recall from my other recipe. I will surely be saving this and using it again and again.
Tasty soup for a snow day. I modified and put in fresh broccoli (5 cups), 20 oz of velveeta, and used skim to lower fat content and lighten the consistency a bit. Yummy! Also tasty with a sprinkle of bacon bits on top. Allowed it to boil with the cheese and milk by mistake which made it a little bit clotty, but before that was very smooth consistency.
This was really good I only gave it a 4 star because it's wayyyyyy too rich. I think I will try maybe half the cheese next time? Other than that the best brocolli soup I have ever had. If you make it this way 1 cup is more than enough a bowl is just too rich. Nice recipe.